Re: [ST] Chains...

Ozzard-Low, Alex wrote:

> My chain seems to like to run quite dry despite frequent lubing - one of
> these days I'll have to install the ScottOiler I bought ages ago

Been there, done that, got tired of twiddling the flow rate all the
time, took it off. I usually ended up with too much flow, making my bike
look something like the Exxon Valdez. However, I notice in one of the
latest magazines they're advertising a new version that is supposed to
reduce the amount you have to adjust.

> Any recommendations/suggestions as to the best aftermarket brand/size/type
> etc, from anyone please?

I just replaced the OEM chain at ~14.5K miles with a DID VM530 (108
links) while at the rallye. I've also decided to quit using PJ-1 to lube
the chain and to just use TriFlow to clean it, but I think that thread's
scheduled appearance was over a month ago. :-)

> PS  For those checking speedo against GPS - I was wondering if you have had
> the same experience as me: the speedo reads about 6-8% high, but the
> odometer is very accurate.

Yep, your observation is correct. No easy solutions found yet, although
some folks have taken to attaching a Sigma bicycle computer. See the
writeup at <http://www.triumphnet.com/st/acc/sigma/index.htm>.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA