Re: [ST] Lurker surfaces... educate me, please

>One thing I have in common
>with the person who wrote this is that reliability is very important too
>me;
>very important.

Then you should purchase a Honda Civic.

Let us not forget that motorcycles are high-performance recreational
vehicles.  Owners of high-performance cars do not expect 100% reliability
because of the sensitive nature of these types of vehicles.  We should not
either.  And Triumph does a pretty damn good job of providing relative
reliability in the big picture.  The only European brand that may beat
Triumph is Aprilia.

>I am hoping that by writing this, you ST
>riders can convince me the ST is not as troublesome as one might think from
>reading these posts.

Why don't you check out the BMW or VFR lists before you start panicking.
You'll see that these lists are the places to complain and troubleshoot
problems.  If you don't want to hear about the negative side of drinking,
for example, don't subscribe to the AA list.

>I am simply doing some research before
>deciding to buy. As I said this is a great looking bike and from other
>readings it seems as though it handles very well and goes as fast as I
>want;
>but I must be able to depend on it too.

Why don't you pick up some *honest* magazines such as UK's "Bike" to gather
information instead of following this 12-Step Triumph Love/Hate Program?
You'll get a more well-rounded view.  Many bikers of the '90s and 2000s are
complainers becasue we've all been spoiled by reliable Japanese cars.
You've got to learn to filter, man.