[ST] Rear bodywork and turn signal brackets

ST owners with side bags/panniers,

Back in November 2000, I installed the side bags on my
new 2001 Sprint ST. I posted some comments on the
installation procedure, and also noted the following:

Posted in November...
>One thing I noticed on my bike is that the rear sub-frame
>and fender assembly seem to be slightly twisted and
>offset to the right. When I look at my bike directly from
>the rear, the fender is offset about 1  inch to the right of
>the tire centerline. This was like this before I started the
>pannier installation, so it has nothing to do with the pannier
>brackets, but it seems a little odd. Has anyone else
>noticed this on their bike?

At the time, no one else commented on the twisted rear
sub-frame, so I assumed it was just some minor
mis-alignment from the factory that others didn't have
or notice. Today, I noticed that the rear bodywork has been
contacting the left rear turn signal bracket, and has started
to scratch through the color coat. If I push down on the plastic,
or the rear-most portion of the seat, I can see the bodywork
contacting the bracket. No matter how hard I push, I can't
get the bodywork to contact the right side signal bracket.

So, my questions are:

    1. Has anyone else noticed a "twist" in the rear of their
        bike, causing the fender/tire centerline mis-alignment?

    2. Has anyone else had the bodywork to signal bracket
        contact I just described?

I suspect that the 2 items are related, and was just looking
for feedback from other owners.

Thanks,
- -- Craig Kemp