[ST] too much oil.

Well, here is how my vacation prep is going.

yesterday, walk into the garage, and yup, the smell of gas is over
powering. hmmm, so I pull the RS rear cowling away from the tank
and sure enough the rear fuel connection is wet (to say the least).
Pull it out and sure enough a 2-3mm chunk out of the O-ring. Off
to home depot, 24 cents (us) later, no more drips. So yes, I bought
an extra for my mini tool kit.

Secondly, I notice that there is too much oil in the crank case,
will the crush washers take being loosened enough to let out a
couple 100 cc's of oil then retighten. Or will I have to do the
old pull bolt, plug hole with one finger, replace crush washer,
replace bolt and just hope that oil loss during this process is
equal to the amount I need to drop?

thanks again for all the advice over the last couple of days.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664