[ST] RE: The Seat of Daphne's pants

Daphne sez:
". I'm not privy to any special information, but my seat of the pants guess
is that Triumph's quality control is slightly worse than say, Honda's. So
Triumph may have a higher percentage of problem bikes,"

So, you have no statistical data to back it up, but you are willing to hang
the quality less than Honda tag on Triumph?! Are you a journalist or do you
write Dan Rather's nightly news pieces?
GEEEEZ!  Triumph can hold 1/10,000 on consecutive machine passes, they have
the latest in machine tooling and manufacturing techniques. IF they are
guilty of something, it may be getting a few bikes to market too quickly so
as to recoup investment costs as they do not have the money war chest Honda
do. They do seem to stand behind the product, for the most part, very well.
I have had shody work done at Honda shops too, and if you want a list of bad
designs Honda has put out I will put it together for you. (just not
tonight).

(Rant mode off.) I'm better now.
Bill Findiesen

BTW: they are discussing electrical problems RIGHT NOW on the VFR list for
the Honda lovers on the list. Some cost impacts are from $165 for a relay on
up if the problem cascades into a major problem, like a fried engine control
unit. ($500+)

End of st-digest V2001 #377