RE: FAQ on suspension settings, was Re: [ST] Tornado Red Paint Info

> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:52:42 +1000
> From: "Barry Evans" <barryevans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: FAQ on suspension settings, was Re: [ST] Tornado Red Paint Info
> Can I make a request to all you veteran ST owners on behalf of new
> inexperienced ST owners? Would it be possible using your accumulated
> experience/expertise to produce a  table/graph showing recommended
> suspension settings versus total load weight in kg/lbs for a bog-standard
> ST. That way variables such as pillion weight, clothing and/or luggage can
> be minimised. Could even be tweaked for soft, standard and
> aggresive riding.
> Suggest this could be placed in Erik's FAQ section. Just a thought/wish.

Barry,

'Fraid I haven't got the info you're looking for, but may investigate in the
medium term if no-one else comes up with the goods.

The point of the matter is that by the time anyone's got enough knowledge to
be able to put together your requirement, they've long since concluded that
the standard offering is not up to par, and headed off down the
RaceTech/Ohlins (etc) routes, removing the need for them to answer your
question.

I think the best advice I could offer is not to try and compensate for any
stock shortcomings simply by jacking up the preload (one of the few
adjustments we can make). Sure adjust it *some* - but invariably less than
you might expect.

Am I in a school of one here?

BTW - That's Eric with a 'c'

BTW2 - anyone know the etymology of 'trollies' - I only encountered the word
on the Boddies ads of the last couple of years. Is it gender-specific?
[Warning - Do not attempt to decipher this paragraph if your address has a
Zip code.]

Regards,
- --
BRG