[no subject]

"Earlier, I spoke of those interesting and scary spots on Route 36...when I
first rode that route, I also had an FJ1200, and I hit that particular turn
(uphill rise, steep, and then it drops off below you, and there's an
unexpected hard turn right after the rise....there's a couple of hidden
turns like that which could get ya)....anyway, I completely blew that
corner and was lucky there were no cars coming the other way..."

Some of you might remember my report from riding 36 on the way back from
the rallye. This is most likely the same corner I was embarrassed to admit
that I totally blew. I feel a bit better knowing it has suckered other
riders, but it is still one to watch out for. I rode it eastbound the first
time and it was great fun. It is far more challenging running it westbound
because of that one corner.

Even with the removal of the one big jump they talked about, I still got my
bike airborne over some of the other ones, and that was fully loaded for
the rallye.

I was salivating just reading the article, the road is that good.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - Ferndale, CA (official Cow Town and home of "Moo Dawg")
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300
'00 Lakota ATV

End of st-digest V2001 #382