Re: [ST] let off gas and idle plummets

At 10:35 AM 6/29/01 -0500, brd wrote:
>After work, hours later, I get on the bike and start it up and I'm
>talking to a coworker as he walks out and the bike dies.  I start it up
>again okay, but it idles really low--extremely low, like maybe 500rpm or

First thing I would try (when and if it happens again), is to turn off the
bike, open the tank fill cap, close the cap and try and restart. If it
works fine from that point on for the rest of the ride, you probably have
one of the check valves upside down (this happened on a few 99s). This
would lead to a vacuum condition in the tank which usually only shows
itself once the temperature warms up and you ride, stop and then restart
very soon after.

- -Eric