[ST] Wind noise

Where is the windblast supposed to strike your body at higher speeds?  I?ve read various threads suggesting that wind helps take weight off the arms and wrists, but at 80mph on my ST, the noise and buffeting is very tiring over time.  And I?d like to be able to ride at 80mph all day, and hear my radar detector.
Maybe the noise is what bugs me the most over time.  Does anybody know where the wind noise occurs on the helmet, and how to minimize it (I?ve got a new Shoei RF900 that?s supposed to be pretty quiet, but doesn?t seem to be).  What about a stretchy thingy like a weird turtleneck, that would go from your neck up over the bottom of the
helmet and seal the helmet opening at the bottom (it would have to breath some).  Maybe noise canceling headphones.  Or maybe as a final resort, filling the helmet with tapioca before putting it on.
John Hawkins
?99 ST ?power trio?