[ST] Cycle Shipping

Hello from snowy New England,

I may be going on a four to six week business trip to southern
California this spring (installing control systems for new power plants)
and I'm toying with the idea of shipping the ST.  I'm sure a good number
of you have experience shipping bikes so I have a few questions:

1)	Cost, approximately how much would it cost me?
2)	Crating, building a crate is no problem for me except should I use
any 	additional tie points other than the usual tie downs on the handle
bars?  On the 	other hand are there crates available, keep in mind that
I don't want to break down any part of the bike.
3)	Shippers, any suggestions on who to use for shipping?

I thought about riding or trailering it out there but the boss would
never go for the extended travel time, maybe on the way home :-)

Thanks for your thoughts & opinions,

Greggo

00 Blue ST