[ST] Newbie Intro and question

Hello ST Lovers!
My name is Don Milligan, and I am a new ST owner in North Alabama. Just
got my '01 ST (BRG), and can't say enough how much I love this bike. I
have own a variety of other bikes but this one is my first new purchase.
It took a long time, and a lot of research to make this choice, and
already (after only ~300miles) I am sure I made the correct choice.

One question though, has anyone else experience problems with shifing? I
have had problems several times trying to go from 2nd to 3rd gear, and
the linkage gets STUCK!. Sometimes I have been able to go back to 2nd
gear, but on more than one occaision I have had to pull over, shut off
the motor and rock the bike back an forth to get it free. Very
frustrating (and dangerous). I have not yet contacted my dealer about
this problem, but I will be doing that this week. Any insights would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don in AL

Don Milligan
2001 Sprint ST (BRG)
VF500f Interceptor (now the wife's bike)
CB400f
400 Seca
CB350
AR80