[ST] Brake Pads

    I purchased new rear brake pads from my dealer, getting the official
(and expensive) Triumph OEM parts. The pad that has the "hook" that loops
over around the pin is a mirror image of the pad that came out and obviously
won't work. I seem to recall a thread about this at one time, but came up
blank on an archive search. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
   Also, just for your general information, my '99 ST had developed a
curious quirk where the idle dropped by about one hundred RPM when I put it
in gear, but would increase again if put back into neutral. The mechanic
(apparently correctly) diagnosed it as a misadjusted throttle position
sensor, which required elongating the mount holes to get into specs as the
part is not adjustable. He said that he'd never seen the problem before and
had to call Triumph to get the specs on the sensor as the manual doesn't
provide that information, but his fix worked and the problem is gone.
   They also replaced my erratic, but not leaking, original fuel sender
while it was there. So far, so good. Fingers crossed on that one.

Scott Summerhays