Re: [ST] Re: Reg CLASS tech inspection?

Reg Pridmore CLASS riding gear:

> Verle, what guidelines for tech inspection of riding gear have you heard
> about?  As far as I can tell from the registration info I got from them
they
> are pretty flexable....
> I am going too do a CLASS in June and will need to know if my Joe
> Rocket Ballistic Pants(3.0) and Rihno Jacket will be sufficent.

Here's what it says in the brochure I received after signup:

"Leather riding suit (one or two piece allowed), zip-togethers not required.
Aerostich suits, BMW Gore-Tex suits, Motoport suits or similar suits with
reinforced and/or padded shoulder, elbow, hip and knee areas are also
acceptable. Leather chaps are not acceptable."

I guess this is pretty flexible. Somehow, perhaps from the web site, I got
the idea these suits had to have *armor* in the hips and spine as well as
elbows, knees, etc. Perhaps I was wrong. I don't know the Joe Rocket specs,
but I would imagine your gear meets these requirements.

I also remember that they said you have to have leather gloves with
gauntlets.

I would suggest calling if you have questions. A friend of mine called for
clarification on just how new the tires had to be. Calling takes the guess
work out of attending and reduces the risk of forfeiting the deposit.

Verle Nelson
Cedaredge, Colorado