Re: [ST] Fuel regulator

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Mitchell" <ken_mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> From: Michael Kim <mkkim@xxxxxxx>
> <snip>
> The fuel regulator has started making a loud buzzing noise ......Does
anyone
> know if Triumph is really not covering this since people have told me they
> should.
>

> If your V.I.N. is between 95944 and 112417 (mine is) there is a recall on
> the "fuel sender" and that may be part of the problem noise. (I don't
know,
> but it could be.)

Ken,

The recall is on the fuel gauge sender (the float mechanism inside your gas
tank that sends the voltage that the fuel gauge displays).  It doesn't ever
make any noise.  Mike is referring to the fuel regulator, or what I would
call the fuel pump.  Mine has always made a buzzing noise for a few seconds
at startup only (to prime the FI system).  I always assumed that all STs and
RS's did this, but I guess there are a few quiet ones.

Neil