Re: [ST] Helmet Lock

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Chad Palenshus" <palenshus@xxxxxxxx>

> Anyway, I finally got to take it out on a real ride this past weekend and
> noticed something odd.  It doesn't seem to have a helmet lock
> anywhere.

nope, no real helmet lock -- concensus is that it's too easy to cut the chin
strap to steal what could be a very expensive helmet

if you have the hard bags, the good news is that most full-face helmets will
fit in either bag and they lock

it has also been suggested that you can hook your chin strap or fastener
onto a 'hook' under the seat and then replace the locking seat -- I don't
think so, but check it out for yourself

>  Plus, I haven't
> seen any threads about it on the list here.

I'm sure you'll find reference to the hemet lock issue in the searchable ST
list archives http://www.triumphnet.com/st/mail.htm

Cheers
Neil

BTW, if you haven't already done so, you should check Eric's website for
FAQ's, especially 'new sprint owner' info and a list of the official Triumph
recalls -- both are accessible at
http://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/index.html