[ST] Standard Fork Oil & Temp Gauge?

St'ers,

   With all the race-tech talk and front fork talk I have decided to go the
el cheapo route for starters and just change my fluid.  Looked in the handy
Owners Manual and the Service Manual but neither gives a clear idea on what
the standard weight is.  It says Showa SS8, should I infer that it is 8W, or
is it something else.  I was thinking about going with 10w in both, or the
10W in one and 15W in the other for a mix of 12.5W.  But if the stock stuff
is only 8W, then 12.5 might be a bit much.  Besides, with the weather I need
something to do!!!!!!!!!

For RSe'ers,
   Is your temp gauge in Fahrenheit or Celsius?  For some reason I want mine
to read Celsius and am wondering if that is possible!

Thanks,

David "Lost Dawg" Gaske
'00 Sprint RS (yellow)
Fredericksburg, Va.  USA