Re: [ST] Re: st-digest V2001 #138

The paint protection film i was referring to is the 3M film sold by eric on
the sprint st website.  I used the patterns he supplied as rough guides and
made my pieces quite a bit bigger.  On my black sprint, just riding was
enough to scuff the paint enough to be visible, necessitating much buffing.
With the film in place on the sides of the tank, and the rear side panels
life is  good.  I bought a triumph carbon fiber tank protector as i thought
the film looked bad on top of the tank .  on the sides it tends to blend in
and looks better than scuffs.  i like black bikes, but the paint is hard to
maintain.  john c