From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Matt
Knowles
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 11:30 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Pannier atmospheric drag

>After 5 months I finally gave up on installing panniers myself and paid the
>dealer to put them on. This monrning I took my first ride with them on and
>it they feel like a big parachute deployed to my stern. Or is it my
>imagination? Do they change the way the SPRINT (content, check) feels on
the
>road at hwy speeds. I thought I was feeling a lot of addidional DRAG. Has
>anyone else noticed this?

I notice the trunk a lot more than I notice the saddlebags, especially in
cross winds or passing trucks. I almost always ride with the saddlebags so
maybe I'm used to them. The times that I ride without them I don't feel
like it has made much difference though.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - Ferndale, CA
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300