[ST] New Toy For Hot Dawg

Well the family went out shopping today for a new car. The wife and I
had been down to sharing one, and it was getting tough! Anyway we'd (
or should I say I) had narrowed it down to three choices. A Honda
Accord EX-V6, a Subaru Legacy GT Wagon, or the Mazda Tribute/ Ford
Escape. We decided to head over to the Ford dealer cause the wife
hadn't looked at the Escape. We'd driven the Mazda but I wanted to
check out the Ford cause it's really the same car and I sorta liked
the look a bit better and Consumer Reports ( even though I don't put
too much stock in what they say) though it rode a bit better than the
Mazda. Anyway we took out an all loaded up, Escape XLT V6 for a demo.
When we get back the wife's kinda, well un-excited, and frankly so
was I. Well we were about to leave to check out the Honda again when
what should catch her eye??  No not the really cool big black F-150
Harley Davison special addition that they had in the showroom, but an
Explorer Sport Trac!  Suffice to say we now own a vehicle I'd have
never thought we'd own, or thought that she would have picked, a 2001
Ford XLT Sport Trac,  in BLACK !!! The one we got  has ( among other
things) the sport package, 16" alloys, moon roof, fog lights, running
boards, locking hard tonneau cover, and power everything. So the
weekend started out with a broken toe, and has moved on to a new
truck/ car/ suv.. Not really sure what it is, but she likes it and I
may even able to fit a bike in back.. well at least the little dirt
bike my son's been saving for :-)

Erik