RE: PA roads and laws

For Jim-Karl.  If you are riding through central PA I can give you a few
roads to ride and a few to avoid.  I would also like suggested roads around
Lake Ontario, if you could, as I also am planning a little trip around the
lake this summer.

Ken M. should not go flying of the handle like I've been seeing lately on
other lists about the new PA "law".  Yes, there is proposed legislation by a
state senator that children under 18 would not be allowed to be a passenger
on a motorcycle.  But it is far from law.  Right now it is in the senate
transportation committee.  To become law it has many hurdles to overcome.  I
doubt it will make it through.  In the last two years the state has come
close to repealing the mandatory helmet law for riders over 18 twice.  The
first time the governor vetoed it as there was no eye protection clause.
The second time it passed one house but lost by one vote in the other after
a legislator was swayed to change his vote after hearing about a Pittsburgh
area celeb that died from head injuries in a motorcycle accident.  However,
he was not told that he was an inexperienced rider riding beyond his
capabilities in poor road conditions.

Doug Bailey "Hound Dawg"