[ST] additional driving light opinions/options

       So I see from the archives that several of you have gone the
Eric Miner way and installed the PIA 1100X driving lights.  I do a
fair amount of night driving in deer country, some long distance
touring, etc., and I ache for more light from the ST.

  I noticed that PIAA now has a HID light (albeit uglier and bigger). I
have a scuba-diving light that has an HID bulb that is spectacular:
white as sunlight and bright bright bright, so I am intrigued by the
HID bulb from PIAA, but wanted to solicit the collective wisdom of the
list...

  So I guess my question boils down to this:

1.  If you've installed auxiliary lighting, what was it, and was it
enough?

2.  Has anyone had any experience with the HID kit?

- --
python -c "print __import__('base64').decodestring('am9uZ0BzZWFvdHRlci5jb20=')"