Adding 6th Gear to 5-Speed Speed Triple from pre-99 Sprint

>On 3/12/01 Ashley wrote:  The question wasn't really clear enough as the two
>bikes are totally
>different so we needed to know if it was a '95 model or a T509. Model
>numbers are very important if you need information.

Ashley....Thank you for your help and for the clarification.  You are correct
that having the right model number and/or year is necessary information.

What I meant by "clear enough" is that if someone out there had actually
modified their Speed Triple with the gear set from a Sprint then it would be
obvious without specifying model number or year.  From the responses so far
it doesn't sound like anyone has actually performed this type of mod (but I
did get several corrections to the reference to model and year).  My friend
with the Speed Triple also can't find any local dealer with the
knowledge/experience necessary to order the extra gear, etc.

Again, thank you for your responses.  BTW....speaking of Model Numbers, what
is a Spondon 955i?

I'm really new to this Triumph thing but I do love my RS :-)

Randy