[ST] Insurance

Just a quick note on the insurance question regarding
the difference between the VFR and the Sprint.  I have
had State Farm for many years (never had a problem
with a claim).  State Farm bases the cost of insurance
for a motorcycle on engine size only.  That means that
my 1971 Yamaha Seca 750 was costing me about
$275.00/year and if I had bought a VFR 750, GSXR 750,
Ducati 750 sport etc. etc. I would have paid the same
(strange but true).

The Sprint, being 955cc (I also lowered the deductable
quite a bit) is now at about $450.00/year.  The VFR at
800cc would be a bit lower.

They may be a bit more expensive but they respond
quickly to claims, cut checks right away, all quotes
are written with OEM parts.

Anyway...that's what I know about that.

By the way...being as the bike is in storage for a few
more weeks a little winter canoe trip was just the
ticket last weekend.  The Rome Pond Wildlife Refuge is
a large protected wetland area Southwest of Milwaukee.
 It is beautiful.  With no foliage and minimal grass
you can see everything.  Millions of geese, ducks,
cranes, rare and common...it was very cool.  For
anyone interested in wildlife and experiencing
outdoors this is an excellent way to spend a day.

Steve Bergman

00 Sprint ST  (frosty blue)