[ST] Warped rotors

jay levine wrote:

>Subject: [ST] Brake update
>
>Update on the brake situation--according to Roys Repair here in the Twin
>Cities, I have warped rotors!  How/why they got warped is a mystery to me.

Interesting - at my ST's 20,000 km service, the dealer told me the bike had
warped rotors.  I hadn't really noticed any difference in brake feel, but he
spotted it on a test ride.  He had a word with Triumph and both rotors and
pads were replaced under warranty.  It's now about 10,000km later and last
time I was on the bike I wondered if it was happening again, as there seemed
to be a gentle vibration under braking.  I may have been hallucinating of
course; when I finally get back to the UK next month and can ride my bike, I
shall check it and see.

Has anyone else had warped rotors?  What would be the cause?  As anyone
who's met me can confirm, I don't exactly ride the bike hard or brake hard.
I've ridden through floods twice on the bike but not after hard braking, so
I wouldn't expect it to be thermal shock distorting the rotor.  I thought
perhaps the mounting points for the rotors might not all be in one plane,
but the discs float, so that shouldn't make a difference.  Any other ideas?

Neil