[ST] Tank Bag

Ok, so this morning I'm thinking to myself, "Hey, it's a nice day out so I
think I'll ride my new ST."  But I had stuff to take with me, and I think,
"No problem, I'll just pull out my trusty old magnetic tank bag and put
everything in that."  So I put everything in my tank bag and go to put it
on the gas tank and what's this?  It won't stick?!?!?!  So what's the
deal?  These things have plastic tanks.  I tapped on it a little bit and it
sure sounds plastic.  So is that really the case?  I know the Triumph sells
a tank bag for the ST, and of course I know about the hard and soft
panniers, but I prefer to us a tank bag over anything else.  I realize
there probably aren't any suggestions that any of you have around
this?  Would something like more powerful magnets help at all?  I really
like the convenience of a magnetic tank bag and would hate to give it up.

Thanks all,

Chad
'99 Sprint ST