RE: [ST] Warped rotors

Yup.  I had it happen!  And at only 4500 miles.  Seems that my rear pads
wore out a tad early, and caused some minor scoring and warping.  I caught
onto the warping right away and ceased using the rear break immediately
until I could get it to the shop.  Turns out that they were able to save the
rotor with some minor polishing.

I never expected to go through a set of rear brakes in only 4500 miles.
Other than the feedback through the break pedal, I had no indication of the
condition of the pads, and having only ridden the bike for one summer, I
wasn't inclined to examine them until this spring.

I changed my rear brake pads on my DR350 at 12000 miles, and they could have
gone to 15000 IHO.  And I used the rear brake all the time.  I had changed
the front brake pads twice in that time period.  I do use the rear brake,
but not nearly as hard as the front.

The moral... Keep a watch on those pads.  Or find better aftermarket ones.

- --Joel