[ST] for MarcD

MarcD wrote:

But...(there's always one...)...as a fellow Fernet insuree, I'll point out
that by defrauding the insurance company (harsh words, but true) you're
hammering all the rest of us reatpayers. If they're buying you new parts,
give them the old ones. If they can be safely and attractively fixed, fix
'em and be happy that the insurance company came through.

I don't understand how I am defrauding the insurance company or how your
rates could be affected.  I certainly expect my rates to increase!

I had a real accident with real damages.  I made a claim only for the
damages that occured during that accident (not claiming damage that occured
elsewhere -- scratches on the right pannier).  The insurance company issued
me a check specifically to repair the motorcycle.  To assure that I do make
the repairs, they want all the old parts.  This policy does not give me the
choice of "safely and attractively" fixing the parts such as the slightly
bent rear wheel.  I am trying to repair the bike for the least cost.  Does
this make me a criminal?  Would I be defrauding the insurance company if I
found a Triumph dealer who sold oem parts at a discount and I pocketed the
difference?  Or if I already had a set of spare wheels and didn't use the
insurance money to buy another set of new wheels?

If you really think that my actions could affect your insurance rates,
please explain how.

Peter Licht