[ST] You meet the nicest people

I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Today dawned dry and bright for the first time in ages, so of course I had
to go for a ride.

I'd only got about 200 metres from home and the fuel light came on. "That's
OK" thought I, "I have at least 30 miles before I need to fill up". The
circular route I had in mind being about 25 miles.

Trouble is, I didn't stick to it. I was having such a great time that as I
was approaching home again I couldn't resist taking a last detour, to take
in some more of the twisty but fast country lanes I'm blessed with. I even
unthinkingly rode past a filling station at about the 215 mile mark on the
trip, just on 30 miles since the light.

So of course about a mile later it started to cough. Then as I tried to ride
the spluttering beast up a long hill it died completely. I had probably only
a mile from the first cough to complete death, so be warned! Sigh. I had to
push it up to the top of the hill (phew) but was then able to sit and coast
down to a large roundabout. Which was in a hollow. Stuck!

I didn't know the place well, and had no idea where the nearest fuel was.
Someone on a GSXR750 howled past without a glance, ditto someone on a
rumbling TL1000. Then against all the odds a gold Daytona appeared ...

... and disappeared

... and reappeared, coming back round the roundabout :-)

And of course stopped and happily helped, by dashing off to buy a can of
juice for me. Then while we were chatting as I filled up, it turned out the
Daytona was a mate's, and that HIS bike was in for it's first service ... a
brand new Lucifer RS with a titanium can, bought in part-exchange (for a
Fireblade) from Jack Lilley! Given that Triumphs and especially the RS are
pretty thin on the ground even in the UK, that's a hell of a coincidence.
And a very happy one for me. So, you really do meet the nicest people ...

And if by any further coincidence my saviour is on this list. Thanks again!

Barry
Yellow 00 RS