Re: [ST] Fw: News

Is Blount county the county which contains Deal's Gap?  I remember quite
a bit of 'anti-motorcyclist' type stuff going on awhile ago @ the Gap.
I know it probably was because of the folks bringing their racebikes up
there but I think a few 'innocent bystanders' got in trouble too.

Mark Collett

david stafford wrote:

> > >       If this doesn't make you want to run out and get an AMA
> membership,
> > >seek help...
> >
> > Not that I'm defending the police actions, but I'm not really concerned
> > about the AMA protecting my rights to flee police pursuits. That's one
> > aspect of motorcycling I won't be participating in.
> >
> > Matt Knowles
> > 12 year AMA member
>
> I agree, when the light comes, the wise thing to do is pull over and be
> respectful. But regards the first example, even if the rider was making a
> bad/illegal pass that doesn't justify  being run off the road by an officer
> of the law. Also this is Blount county Tennesssee. Since you are an AMA
> member I trust you remember the death of Terry Barnard caused by a local
> state legislator in 1996. Check AMADirectlink.com/index.asp for details. I
> would urge everyone to become involved with the AMA, ABATE, or other MRO to
> be informed of threats to our sport/lifestyle. If we leave it to the
> government and insurance companies we will be legislated off the trails and
> streets.    Dave

- --

Mark Collett
Michelin Engineer