Re: [ST] Warped rotors

I take your point, you obviously know what you are talking about but my real
point was that surely it makes  (economic) sense to repair something safely
than to replace it for up to 10 times as much. If his repaired discs didn't
perform well he wouldn't be as busy as he is :-)
Ashley
'00 Spondon 955i
'95 Speed Triple

> Actually there is a reason why a repaired disc is more likely to warp
again than a new one.  When the disc becomes warped the thickness become
very slightly non-uniform.  Then when straighten, micro-fractures are
created which will cause hot spots when the disc heats up during braking.
> Unless he reheats the disc to almost molten then straightens it, then
retempers it, the disc will not perform the same as new.