Re: [ST] for MarcD

I really don't see the problem, as you say you are not claiming for anything
that wasn't damaged but you want to keep the things that are only slightly
damaged. What you are doing may not be to the letter of the "law" but it is
hardly fraud.
Good on ya, I hope you manage to do it.
Ashley
'00 Spondon 955i
'95 Speed Triple

> I don't understand how I am defrauding the insurance company or how your
> rates could be affected.  I certainly expect my rates to increase!
>
> I had a real accident with real damages.  I made a claim only for the
> damages that occured during that accident (not claiming damage that
occured
> elsewhere -- scratches on the right pannier).  The insurance company
issued
> me a check specifically to repair the motorcycle.  To assure that I do
make
> the repairs, they want all the old parts.  This policy does not give me
the
> choice of "safely and attractively" fixing the parts such as the slightly
> bent rear wheel.  I am trying to repair the bike for the least cost.  Does
> this make me a criminal?  Would I be defrauding the insurance company if I
> found a Triumph dealer who sold oem parts at a discount and I pocketed the
> difference?  Or if I already had a set of spare wheels and didn't use the
> insurance money to buy another set of new wheels?
>
> If you really think that my actions could affect your insurance rates,
> please explain how.
>
> Peter Licht

End of st-digest V2001 #172