Re: [ST] Fw: News

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Matt Knowles wrote:

> >       If this doesn't make you want to run out and get an AMA membership,
> >seek help...
>
> Not that I'm defending the police actions, but I'm not really concerned
> about the AMA protecting my rights to flee police pursuits. That's one
> aspect of motorcycling I won't be participating in.

I think that the general point is, that if a police officer makes
an incorrect assumption of your intentions, and that takes what
[s]he thinks is correct action to detain you. In direct terms, say
a police officer is trying to pull over, you then start looking
for a safe place to stop, officer thinks you are getting ready to
run, thus they take the appropriate action and kick out your rear
tire, you go down.

That is what we want to stop.

Thom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664