Re: [ST] Fw: News

Thom,

I've been pulled over a couple of times on my bike and several other times in my car.  I've never had a problem with a police officer making an incorrect assumption of my intentions....why?  Because I slow down and put my blinker on so he knows that I am aware of him and his intentions and that I am trying to comply.

At 05:24 PM 3/25/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I think that the general point is, that if a police officer makes
>an incorrect assumption of your intentions, and that takes what
>[s]he thinks is correct action to detain you. In direct terms, say
>a police officer is trying to pull over, you then start looking
>for a safe place to stop, officer thinks you are getting ready to
>run, thus they take the appropriate action and kick out your rear
>tire, you go down.
>
>That is what we want to stop.
>
>Thom

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer