[ST] Exciting Weekend

Boy, were we busy this weekend!  On Saturday, we saw AMA Supercross in
the Astrodome here in Houston.  It was a great show.  Initially, we were
not very happy with our seats.  They were right on the starting line,
and although we could see the 5 o'clock shadows on the riders before
they put their helmets on, the rest of the course was not as easily
visible.  We also had a good look at the awards/announcement podium.
That helped a little, but the sound system was pretty bad.

About half way through the show, they had this real lanky guy in a red
cap up there. I then heard the words "Colin Edwards" and about had a
heart attack!  Yep, it was him! Of course, that crowd either didn't know
or didn't hear who he was!  He walked right below our seats, and of
course we were yelling at him (like idiots) because we know he's the
World Superbike Champion, and he waved back! We wanted to let him know
that there were at least a few fans in the crowd!  What I would have
killed for a camera!!!

On Sunday, Richard went on his first ride after his accident.  I said it
would be April 1 before he got back on the bike, and he had said March
15, so we split the two dates!  He did 170 miles and had no problem with
his shoulder.  We did a ride with a local dealership out to Washington
on the Brazos for a BBQ lunch and made it back in time to get ready to
go out to dinner and to see STOMP.  The wreck didn't seem to slow him
down either. He was still leaving me behind, but not by much.  I've been
improving ;-)!!  It was GREAT to spend a day on the bikes again.  We've
both really missed it.  The wildflowers are out and the temperature was
just right.  I can't wait until next weekend!!

Lisa
Houston, Texas