[ST] Haynes Manual, hesitant dealers

Haynes have just sent me their 2001 catalogue, and it now has a manual for
the fuel-injected triples ... from the 97 885 T509 up to and including all
the 2000 955 models. It is Haynes book # 3755 and it's 19.99 pounds
(including tax), about U$30. If there are any folk on this list with older
carburetted models the manual for those is # 2162, same price. Free postage
in the UK, 3 pounds for Europe, and 5 pounds (14 days) for the rest of the
world. I will be buying the former for the RS shortly, so you may want to
wait until I report back on it, but if you're just busting to buy one then
try a fax to +44-1963-440001 or email sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or visit
www.haynes.co.uk (although I couldn't find it on the website last week).

> do not recommend putting on anything other than what Triumph
> offers--that is, the race can

Jason - there are reports of the engine not running right with some
after-market cans - look at the archives of this list for examples. The
dealer can't do much to tune the bike to suit an unfamiliar pipe, being
restricted to 2 or 3 factory tunes. On the other hand I happen to know that
Steve Lilley sells a titanium can for the RS, for example, and I'm sure he'd
only do that if he was sure he could get the bike running nicely with it.

Barry
00RS