Re: [ST] Sliders, shipping costs to U.S.

In your message regarding [ST] Sliders, shipping costs to U.S. dated Tue,
27 Mar 2001 21:29:31 -0000, Steve Duncan said that ...

>SD-  Hello All,
>SD-
>SD-  I was following the recent thread 'bout sliders with some interest.  Went to
>SD-  the suggested web site, www.mandp.com with the intention of placing an
>SD-  order.  But when I got to the section concerning shipping costs, SHOCK!
>SD-  Shipping to the U.S. is 28.00 English pounds !! More than 1/2 the cost of
>SD-  the units themselves.  Sent an E-mail and got the attached response. Yup, no
>SD-  mistake, 28.00 Pounds.  So any of you stateside considering this purchase,
>SD-  be aware of these costs.
>SD-
>SD-  Anyone know of a U.S. source for these? (GSG Moku Sliders,            P/N
>SD-  GSG75493T8)  Really seems to be a good idea, and I've just about bought
>SD-  everything else I can think of.  ;^}

If you can find cheaper shipping/insurance I will purchase them on your
behalf (on payment to me via credit card Visa or Mastercard [I have
electronic card transaction at the practice]) and ship them to you via the
company of your choice - downside is you may have to pay the VAT (17.5%)
but as I am VAT registered I may be able to overcome this but will need to
check with my accountant first.

This could be a first - Dental Practice supplying Motorcycle parts!

Or if a sufficiently large order could be got together through someone in
the USA you could bulk ship straight from the manufacturer.

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/
Wales & SW ST Riders