[ST] rear wheel bearings

A quick request of wisdom from the list:

Seems like there is a lot of play in my rear hub or bearings.  Is some
movement normal (holding top of wheel in one hand, bottom in the other and
push/pull) when the bike is on the centerstand.  Bike is a bit unstable at
speed with minor input in steering, but handles fine when hiked over in
corners.

Is anyone aware of the rear bearing specs or numbers ?(not triumph part #).
A friend told me he purchases m/c bearings locally from a distributor at 1/3
dealer pricing and usually in stock.

Thanks,

Gimp the Rick