[ST] RS mirrors, sprockets, spring fever!

The mirror extensions come from our sponsors, Jack Lilley. See any footer on
this list! The posted photo was pig-ugly, but I'm going over there next week
to pick up my Bagster, so I'll check them out in the flesh.

It's a lot easier and cheaper to go down to 18 at the front than up 2 at the
rear. I can't tell you about chain wear yet since I fitted a new DID at the
same time, and being a class chain I haven't even had to adjust it once yet.
I CAN vouch for the 18/43 wheel-lofting ability though!

Spring has definitely sprung here (southern England). Tonight I found the
bike taking me not directly home from work but down the A3 all the way to
Portsmouth on the coast, then back home via the A27 coast road, then over
the hills on the fast empty swooping switchback A29. It was dry and sunny so
I had a real blast for 100 miles or so, and it was over too soon.

I also managed to trip a bloody speed camera though, ironically at one of
the slowest parts of my journey - I guess I'll know in a few days whether it
had any film in it :-(  (It was 'spring fever', officer!)

Has anyone mentioned recently that the RS is a truly FANTASTIC machine? God
I love it!

Incidentally the Azaro 2 that I fitted up front is working very well. It's a
little skittish over white lines in the wet, but no worse than the BT020,
perhaps even better than the BT on wet roundabouts and such. In the dry you
couldn't wish for a better tyre. Stable at speed, it drops smoothly into
curves and holds the line you want even cranked right over, and lets
incompetents get away with braking deep into bends. But curiously enough it
doesn't provide very good cornering grip if you accidentally wheelie coming
out of a
slow tight bend! I'm still on the (second) BT020 rear, but will now
definitely be going Azaro on the back too when the time comes.

Barry
00 RS
7500 miles (and rising fast)