[ST] SIDI Sympatex Boots

Howdy,

	I recently purchased a set of SIDI Sympatex Boots.  These
are the ones that were covered in some big article about the water
proofness of boots where the author set them in his tub for 24
hours. Anyone remember that one?  Anyway, on the way home a few
nights back, I got caught in some heavy nasty cold rain. My feet
were dry, but there was some soak through at the tips of the boots.
There were no instructions in the box they came in regarding a need
to treat them for waterproofing. My question is this, do I need to
do something more to ensure they are water repellant? I thought
they already had that taken care of. If I do, what is it?  By the
way, I have a wide foot, size 10-1/2. These are by far the most
comfortable boots I have ever worn. I wear them all day at work
with no problems. And they look like regular boots (atleast when
standing and the heel reflector is not showing hehe). Definitely
worth the bucks.

Adios,

Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx