Re: [ST] SIDI Sympatex Boots

> I recently purchased a set of SIDI Sympatex Boots.  These
> are the ones that were covered in some big article about the water
> proofness of boots where the author set them in his tub for 24
> hours. Anyone remember that one?  Anyway, on the way home a few
> nights back, I got caught in some heavy nasty cold rain. My feet
> were dry, but there was some soak through at the tips of the boots.
> There were no instructions in the box they came in regarding a need
> to treat them for waterproofing. My question is this, do I need to
> do something more to ensure they are water repellant?

I've been using a pair of SIDI On Road Sympatex boots for over a year now
and they have never leaked or dampened on the inside, not even when I got
them muddy riding a dual sport and washed them in a high-pressure car wash.
They are water proof because of the Sympatex (a Gortex-like material) liner
and if they leak, I think you should consider asking for a replacement.

Verle Nelson, '00 ST
Cedaredge, Colorado