Re: [ST] New Models?

Much of the time, we learn about new models just before the dealers do, so
that's not a big thing. It's not so much power of the pen but the realities
of print lead times that gets us the insider scoop. We have to know what to
print two or so months ahead of time so the magazine gets out just _after_
the dealers know what they'll have to sell. This time of year we're dealing
with all sorts of print embargoes.

As for Triumph, we had one of our guys back there recently who was shown
some future models with the caveat that he wouldn't tell. I threatened him
with a torque wrench and he told me.

I would say the Sprint guys may not be all that impressed.

(Although I haven't heard it, I would expect the new-gen Triple now in the
Tiger to become standard in the line. That is pretty obvious. And I can't
imagine Triumph would spend all the money developing the TT600 to have it
remain a performance backmarker.)