Re: [ST] Scottoiler

Scott Inman wrote:

>Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Triumph reading
>somewhere on triumphnet.com that installing the Scottoiler can void your
>warranty.
>
>Scott
>
>>Sorry Peeps
>>Another one question. Has anyone fitted a Scottoiler to an ST or RS? Where
>>does one connect the vacuum pipe for where it is most accessible, simplest
>>to fit and least likely to create engine management problems (if it does)?

Plenty of people have fitted Scottoilers.  The warranty question was
discussed on the list and the answer seemed to be that it would only
invalidate the warranty if something was damaged during the Scottoiler
installation.

You need a T-piece which is not part of the basic Scottoiler kit to make the
vacuum connection near the throttle bodies under the fuel tank; Scottoiler
will send you the T-piece free if you show them the receipt for your oiler.
Be careful routing the vacuum line as one lister had problems when it jammed
in the throttle linkage.  You can either fit the touring size oil reservoir
behind the rear number plate (not legal in all countries as it may block the
number plate lighting) or the smaller standard size one under the seat on
the right hand side of the frame.  If you go for the standard size, try to
install the oil container so that it's nearer vertical than horizontal -
mine is near horizontal and it tends to leak around the seal between the
adjuster knob and the cylinder.  It can be fiddly to get the system filled
with oil and the oil drip rate set right but it's well worth the effort to
install it.

Eric, I had a look on the website for Scottoiler info, as I thought it used
to be in Accessories - has it moved or did I just not look hard enough?

Neil