Re: [ST] GSG Moku Frame Sliders for ST - an update

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "brd" <brd@xxxxxxx>

> They look very clean.  Do they extend far
> enough out to prevent damage to the lower fairing, or, as the name says,
> are they solely for protecting the frame?

I think they're called frame sliders cause they mount to the frame, not
because they protect the frame.  They should save hundreds of dollars in
fairing damage that would normally result from a tipover or from a lowside.
However there's little doubt that you'd still be looking at replacing
handlebar bits however and maybe a footpeg.

As a matter of fact the right slider sticks out about 1/4" farther than the
right and I'm told that is to help protect the exhaust can, but somehow I
think you'd end up scraping the can up pretty good anyway (especially in the
low position).  I also think the rear carrier might touch down, but I'm not
about to test out the theory.

Neil