Re: [ST] Oiling the Rear Brake

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Hartwick" <hartwick@xxxxxxx>

> I was wondering if anyone else has trouble with the chain oil
contaminating the rear
> brake?  I used several different oils so far, which always fling off and
wind up
> lubricating the rear disk.  My favorite chain lube, the PJ Black and
Yellow stuff,
> has been the best, in that it is so sticky, relatively little flies off.
However,
> even with that, I find myself with no rear brake sometimes if I over lube
the chain
> at all.

I clean my chain with WD40 and then lube with PJ (blue and yellow can) and
have absolutely NO problems with fling-off.  I usually use it liberally too.
But I definitely let it dry (preferably overnight) before I ride.  I've
never lost the rear brake either, but sometimes it's hard to 'find'   =8o)

What's the difference between the stuff in the blue/yellow can and the
black/yellow can anyway?

Neil