[ST] Subject: An (un)comfortable decision

Joel,
    Your problem seems to point to your right arm. Before you sell and start
all over again, try a Throttlemeister ($100). Or if you are a cheapskate as
I am, get the throttle flap ($9-10) that slips on the end of your grip and
rests on the part of your palm below your pinky finger. I have the flap and
I love it. Installation takes about 10 seconds, half of which is removing it
from the package. Since you can't presently release the right grip, you are
probably getting stiff and sore from that. Also, don't wrap your hand around
either grip. Extend your index (and optionally your middle finger) onto the
levers.
    When running on freeways or straight runs of highway, it helps to extend
your legs alternately or together for a few moments every 50 miles or so. I
even do a Body twist and grab the luggage rack if I have been in saddle for
more than a tankful. Stretch and twist at rest breaks and stay loose on the
bike. I have had 100 mile days (actually day and night). This works for me.
    I am 5'8" with a 33" inseam. My 5'6" 30" inseam brother has a '99 Tiger
with bags and a performance can and loves it. I don't think he lowered it.
Sitting on a bike or even in a Lexus for 250 or more can tend to leave one
uncomfortable (butt, back, bladder, legs, spouse, kids, hunger, etc... take
your pick.). My best advice is to stay off freeways and long straight
highways when possible. That's Goldwing and LT turf.
Ciao,
Bob
red 'ST ,stock seat, pipe, hard bags, luggage rack, tall Triumph
windscreen - love it!.

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------