[ST] various topics/ new toy

I don't write in very often so i will give my 2 cents on some of the various topics which have been raised recently,in no particular order. I am 37 yrs old "5' 5'145-150 lbs(29 in. inseam)and I live in southern Conn.  My ST is bone stock except for a seat cowl and pirelli dragon gts's(love em'). I too experienced some discomfort mainly in my shoulders, elbows and wrists while riding soon after I bought my 99' ST. I also sit very close to the tank( a telltale sign of my  off-road riding).  This discomfort didn't last very long, as my body soon acclimated itself to this riding position. It actually strenghtened my neck to the point where I feel no pain from a previous unrelated injury(never ever try to supress a sneeze!).  I  usually ride 150-200miles( no highway) on  an average sunday.Joel don't sell the bike, you'll be sorry.					    			Concerning seat height for those of us who are vertically challenged, I say get used to using 1 solid foot on the ground when coming to a stop!
 , as opposed to 2 toes.I believe its easier, safer and much less strenuous(< spell check). I would never compromise the comfort of the seat (although the stock seat stinks anyway) just to get both feet on the ground .			I have found the stability of the ST to be its best attribute.I never would have attempted a topspeed run if it wasn't (it wasn't planned it just happened) 158 indicated.I have had my St heeled over at triple digit speeds more than a few times and have always come away with a smile, however in certain heavy headwinds/crosswinds in can start a little weave, best to back it down in those conditions.							Reformulated/ oxygenated fuel loses its potency within 2 weeks time, do yourself and your bike a favor and use STABIL if your scoots gonna sit for any length of time.
While strolling through my local walmart I see they are selling motorcycle mobil 1synthetic for $6.88 a quart in a 6 pack(41.28 for 1.5 gallons).Lastly 3 weeks ago I joined the ST/SV owners group. Yup got my naked electric blue baby for 6 g's out the door. Nice little bike, very quick steering, decent torque , excellent brakes. I can't comment on how quick/fast it is as i'm still in the painful break-in process(490mi.) and have resisted the urge to pull the trigger. OK thats it I feel better now....							garrett johns 								99'ST red									01sv650 blue								86'cb450sc									82' pe175z