Re: [ST] Harly and rest of the world

I got a story kind of like yours Erik...

A couple of summers ago, my cousin was dating this girl who loved Harleys.
As most guys do, he got p-whipped, and she brainwashed him into thinking
Harleys were better than sportbikes.  Ricky sold his Ninja 1000 and got a
brand new HD Road King.

The next weekend, I went got a ride with him on my '96 Suzuki Katana.  We
showed up at a 4th of July party, and every was pretty FUBAR'd.  Everyone
kept telling me "Smoke 'em up!!!".  I told everyone if they paid me $200 for
a new rear tire, I'll gladly smoke my rear off.  I bluffed and it worked
because nobody offered to pay me of course.

However, everyone got on my cousins case, and his gf said 'Show him what a
real bike can do!".  So, my cousin goes to the street, and the WHOLE PARTY
is gathered around him.  He started revving the s**t out of the bike, and
when he let out the clutch... ***CLINK***

He blew the tranny right there in the street!  I couldn't stop laughing!
Here he is on a brand new $24,000 bike, and I'm on my $4000 rice rocket,
riding around just fine, while he has to push his bike back to the garage to
be taken home on a flatbed.  The best part of it was that it wasn't covered
by the warranty, and he had to drop $3000 to get it fixed.  Almost everyone
at the party was razzing the hell out i\of him, and his gf even attacked him
she was so pissed off!

Every time we get together, someone always brings up the HD issue.

Glad I know what a real bike can do. ;)

After this incident, I had him take my can-o-tuna for a ride.  He screwed up
and down the street a few times, and said 'hell with the Harley.'
Thankfully, he sold the HOG and got a new Ninja ZX-9.

Scott