Re: [ST] Harly and rest of the world

>Scott,
>That one made me laugh! Here's a couple for ya.....

Ha ha!  Glad you liked it!

>Dumped him & his passenger, so they picked it up, fixed it up and he didn't
>hang around too long.
>I mentioned the "wheelie gone bad", making light of it
>as everyone there also did. Oops. He said "That was ME on the back of it.
>My
>friend is still paying for my chiropractor visits." Small world.

That is so unbelievable!  Small world is right!  Damn, that story about the
guy falling off, then meeting him at another dealer is a freakin' RIOT! :)
Now THAT made me laugh!

>"How much of ride did you folks do?" He
>offered that it was a long one. "We've been out for hours, must've gone
>SEVENTY or EIGHY miles!" Wow. So the hook was baited, he bit. He asked me
>"You?"
>My son piped right up. "We rode 275 miles, had lunch up in Vermont, some
>nice twsities"...etc. The guy's jaw dropped. He couldn't believe anyone
>would ride that far for a "lunch ride". (It was only 3:30 p.m.). The usual
>chat ensued. He asked if my arms hurt, and I just pointed out how refreshed
>my son & I were, how beat he appeared. I mentioned that a smooth bike
>doesn't wear you out like a shaker does, nor does my bike load my spine. He
>changed the subject at that point. :-)

HAHAHAAH!!!  That is SO true!  The above holds true with squids, too.  I was
at a hod dog stand down at the end of the penninsula in Hull at Nantasket
Beach yesterday, and this kid comes up to me.  He said the same "Nice
day..." chat, and he talked about how many miles he put on.  He's like "Man,
50 miles has me so wiped out."  I mentioned that I had my Sprint ST for only
3 days, didn't go over 3500 RPM, and put 250+ miles on it just cruising
around side streets.  His jaw dropped as well. :)  I also love that fact
that I no longer suffer from tired wrists and arms!!! :)  YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!

>P.S. - Scott, get out and meet some other Triumph riders today. Meeting at
>11:00 am at Dunkin Doughnuts on route 30 in Cochituate .......   just off
>exit 13 for the massPike. More details for you at:
>http://communities.msn.com/StreetRatsofMassachusetts

Damn!  I wish I had seen that email earlier!  Sorry I missed it!  Perhaps we
could get together next weekend for a ride?  I got to join the Triumph gang
now! :)  I'm going to swing by Sean Ford's house for a bit to see how he's
doing.

>I'd like to meet you after what, 3 years of co-existence on the Katana list
>and a little bit of SRNE/ Biketalk interaction. I'd like to think that
>*some* of what I told you about my Triumph swayed your decision, but I know
>it was riding the that sealed the deal!

Ken, you and Sean have been very instrumental in having me switch to
Triumph, and I bow my head to you both!  "I'M NOT WORTHY!".  I'm looking
forward to meeting you too!  Tell you what:  When we meet, lunch or dinner
is on me.  Sound cool?

Have a great day of riding, and sorry I missed you all!  Next weekend??? :P

Scott Inman
**PROUD** owner of a 01' Sprint ST!