From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Andrew Reynolds
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 4:28 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Removing superglue

Hi,

I found some "Triumph" logo stickers in a local bike shop and thought they
would look good on my Baglux tank cover as the real ones on the tank are
covered.

They were sticky backed, but the not really sticky enough to stay in place
long term so I decided to use some superglue around the edges. This seems to
have worked, but I have managed to get excess glue on the tank cover and
this has gone white now that it has dried. I have tried removing it with
white spirit and this had no effect. I have tried nail varnish remover. This
seemed to dissolve the glue a bit but has actually seemed to have increased
the size of the white patch.

Does anyone know of a solvent that will remove the glue completely with
dissolving the tank cover?

Any help appreciated.

Andrew

*