Sudden Low Idle/stalling?

Hi Guys:

I am in need of advice/opinions.
Last night I started my RS for a short ride (10 miles).  The idle was quite
rough, then it died.  I found it would not idle unless I kept the throttle
slightly open, it would die at the traffic lights unless I did so.  When
warm, things improved as it would idle, but at a *very* low rpm - again,
almost dying.  The power delivery seemed as good as usual.

On the way home, it behaved as always, idling perfectly normally.

Anyone seen this before - does this spell impending doom and a trip down to
my dealer?

Thanks
Michael
Bellevue, WA